Valentiny 2020- A Valentine's Day Mystery

A Valentine's Day Mystery




On Valentine's day when I got to school 

I saw a card on my desk- it looked cool.

I wonder who left it. Who could it be?

I have a Valentine made just for me.

Couldn't be Skunk- it smells fragrant and sweet

Couldn't be Dog, the handwriting's too neat.

Couldn't be Cat- glitter scares her

Maybe Badger- here is some fur.

Its grey and its black 

and glued to the back.

Happy Valentine's day to you it said,

From your special friend. Written all in red.

I can't wait to find out who it can be

The wait is practically killing me. 

My classmates come in one by one

From outside play and having fun

Who could be my special friend?

Maybe I should think again.

All my friends are special, true

Could my special friend, be you?

Badger came up- her face blushed pink 

Do you like it? What do you think?

I think its great and you are too.

Happy Valentine’s to you.

Comments

  1. How fun this is! It's so cute how the different characters are brought in. And the mystery is built to a sweet ending. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the animals playing a part in your story and the fact she can discount some as the Valentine based on their traits. Good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you built the mystery. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clever use of various animals! Very cute story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute story, Jaclyn! I love how the MC ruled out who the Valentine could be from. Good job keeping us curious! Thanks for joining in the Valentiny fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Acorn

Jack O'Who?

Skelly-Bone World Tour