Spring Fling Writing Contest

Birdies Spring Wish


Winter is too long for me,

Down south with my family.

The food is good,

The company fine,

But for my home tree

I did pine.



In spring I can build a nest,

Sing the song that I love best.

Pick up little bits of flowers,

Weave them tightly in an hour.



Spring is coming!

One bird sings.

Time to go home-

Pack your things!



I fly as fast as my wings can go,

Following the sun’s warm glow.

Finally, I’m back,

Sitting on my branch.

Home at last.

Comments

  1. I often feel just as ready to get home after vacation as Birdie feels here. Definitely can relate! Good luck!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home at last! What a great feeling. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little bird is ready for spring like everyone else. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There really is no place like home! Very sweet story. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, what a sweet story and wonderful play on words, pine-ha! Thank you for sharing this endearing story about missing home, I think, as Kelly said, we can all relate.
    Thabks for entering the Spring Fling Writing Contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the exploration of feeling homesick! My favorite line is your wordplay with tree/pine/longing for something: "But for my home tree/ I did pine." So wonderful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Acorn

Jack O'Who?

Skelly-Bone World Tour