Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have dreamed of being an author since second grade.  I started writing little poems in fifth grade and my friends would illustrate them.  The teacher posted our finished works on the bulletin board and I was so happy. 
High school I carried around a composition notebook everywhere and hand wrote a novel during any spare time I had.  I remember my physics teacher would ask if I'd gotten anything new written.

I never felt I was very good at art though.  I've always enjoyed drawing and sketching, but never saw myself being an artist. I have practiced almost everyday because I like art.  It was just recently, however, I decided I wanted to do both writing and illustrating.

I've kept most of my writing to myself to close friends/family for years now. I said to myself that someday I'll send my work out, but not yet.   As years went by my friends would ask if I had sent anything out.  Some newer friends would show surprise that I had aspirations to be a writer at all.

Finally, last Christmas season I made my new year's resolution to send my works out to agents.  I wish I could tell you I've had a fairy tale year where agents fell in love with my work, but I can't.  I'm on the typical writer journey of trudging.  That's okay though because I don't think I'd have come to the conclusion to illustrate if I'd been part of a fairy tale.

Now you know a little about me and why I'm here sharing my art and journey with you, I hope you'll come visit frequently to see what I've been up to and feel free to share your journey with me as well. So, welcome to my blog.  Here you'll find some art and some of my writing journey. I hope you enjoy.

Here are a few pieces from my art folder and a few sketches from Don't Feed Your Chicken Jalapenos.

Purple Raven
 Protesting Chicken
 Teddy the bear
 Panzer IV
Llama based off the Girl Scout cookie llama for 2017

 Wall-e the Dragon (five year old request)
 Tiger
 Robby the Robot
 Picachu
House Plant
Protesting Chicken again 
 Chicken Coop
 Various kids from Don't Feed Your Chicken Jalapenos

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Acorn

Jack O'Who?

Skelly-Bone World Tour